How can I improve my sexual health and wellness naturally? I am willing to make lifestyle changes, but don’t know where to start.
What a great question! Here is a list of things you can do to improve your sexual health primarily through lifestyle changes:
- Eat 1-2 oz. of dark chocolate (70% or greater cacao content) a day.
- Drink green tea if you can, or rooibos (red) tea if you don’t like green tea or want something without caffeine. Have as much as you enjoy; 2-3 cups per day is recommended.
- For protein, choose beans, chicken, turkey, ocean fish (not whitefish) that is wild caught, and only grass-fed beef. Eat protein at every meal to help stabilize blood sugar.
- Eat 3-5 servings of differently colored vegetables per day, including broccoli, leafy greens, carrots…Only eat yellow, blue or sweet potatoes, not white. Eat corn only occasionally, and only fresh kernels in season.
- Eat 2-3 servings of fruit per day, especially apples and berries.
- Eat at least 1 oz. of nuts per day (walnuts or almonds are good). Eat nuts as a snack when you are hungry to satisfy your hunger and stabilize your blood sugar.
- Cook with healthy oils like canola and olive oil. Avoid trans fats completely, and use butter sparingly.
- Avoid white flour and white sugar. Use whole wheat flour and honey, fruit sweetener or agave syrup when making sweet desserts, whenever possible. If you choose to eat a piece of cake or have some ice cream, eat a handful of nuts along with it to balance out your blood sugar.
- Drink lots of water. Filtered tap water is fine.
- Supplement your diet with the following every day:
These will give you maximum protection against cancer and maximum help for your cell membranes. You want your Vitamin D levels (tested by your doctor) to be between 50-60ng/ml, for highest immune function.
- A basic multi-vitamin (Theragran M is a good choice)
- Fish Oil: 1000-4000 mg
- Vitamin D3: 2000-4000 IU
- Calcium Citrate: 250-500 mg (no other form of calcium).
- Exercise 30 minutes a day, to a sweat (or a nice glow).
- Enjoy at least one orgasm per week to boost your immune system and maintain your nerve conduction.
- Did I mention chocolate? Chocolate has both the right kind of protein for sexual health (L-arginine), and is packed with fantastic fruit antioxidants, both of which are powerfully good for your blood vessel and nerve function.